Glip PROJECT MANAGEMENT FEATURES
- Large projects dashboard
- Pending tasks app
Glip is a team collaboration and project management application that allows effective, speedy information sharing. Its interface has Facebook-like features that allow instant messaging, real-time file-sharing, video meet-ups, and more. In brief, it’s a way to have a conversation with an entire department or team to streamline efficiency of tasks and remove redundancy which works better than texting and email.
Glip offers many features at a base level, and more at its highest tier. There are only two levels.
Standard features include:
- A color-customizable calendar that looks a lot like Google’s with filtering and sorting options. Tasks can be marked viewable to the entire team, part of it, or just to yourself.
- A dashboard that allows you to see a large project from a bird’s eye view with one-glance.
- A “People” section that allows you to have conversation with individuals or groups.
- A “Pending Tasks” app which allows you to see everything that still needs to be accomplished on a project.
- A document viewer so that you don’t have to download PDFs, Word, Power Point or txt files.
- A “Shelf” that shows the pictures of people involved in recent conversations as well as an abbreviated view of what was said.
- Links, notes and tag abilities to attach documents, photos, video, etc. to any conversation.
Ease of Use
As a web-based application you can access Glip from any device – your computer, phone, tablet, etc. It’s an easy interface for anyone without the need for extensive training before you can get up and running. It works with Android, Mac, Windows, Cloud, and Mobile iOS, so no one is left out.
Currently, Glip works closely with RingCentral (it’s free with membership there), RC Meetings, Harvest, Drop Box, GitHub, Jira, Stripe, Zendesk, and more, but it can be glitchy when interfacing with iCal, Outlook, and Google calendar.
24-7 customer support is available by phone, email and an extensive FAQ section on their website. Ring Central also has customer service to support Glip.
Plans and Pricing
Glip starts at nothing and the high-end is $5 per month. The $5 plan offers 1000 minutes of shared video/chat usage and VIP customer service.
Pros & Cons
- Glip is very competitively priced. It’s starting cost is zero and the “high” end version with 1000 minutes of team chat, and unlimited file storage is only $5 per month.
- If your entire office needs a unified means of communicating and they are also on Ring Central, Glip’s interface can help expedite that communication greatly.
- It is better than Slack in that you can assign a task to someone and it is automatically communicated to everyone on the team, whereas other applications don’t allow both assigning of to-do items AND the communication of those items across the whole team.
- Creating events is also streamlined when creating an event. It is automatically added to everyone’s calendar.
- Every conversation, photo, video, link is archived in a way that isn’t as user-friendly as it could be. When a link or photo loads, it is great that you don’t have to open it as a separate file, but then you can’t discuss it in the chat room because it fills the entire screen.
- The calendar does not allow specificity of recurrent items. For example, you can’t have a recurring meeting every 3rd Wednesday of the month.
- Files could be more easily accessible.
- It adds yet another communication tool to keep track of, in addition to incoming email, texts, and other apps.
- You can’t sync Glip’s calendar with google or iPhone/Android based calendars without some glitches.
As one of the most affordable team-integration and project management applications available, Glip takes the ease of email and text, adds Facebook’s instant chat and messaging features, syncs a calendar and allows you to communicate to everyone about to-do items in an instant. Productivity reaches a new level when you use this software.