Mavenlink PROJECT MANAGEMENT FEATURES
- Quality OpenAPI
- Time and expense tracking
Mavenlink is an all-in-one project management, financial management, time tracking and team communication tool that allows you to streamline work tasks and assign them to the appropriate team member, while tracking every task and the time it takes to get it done. It is geared toward service industry businesses and is scalable for small businesses all the way up to Fortune 500s, although it is best suited for medium to large businesses.
Mavenlink is feature-rich, but basic components include:
- Time & expense tracking
- Project reports
- Accounting projections
- Gantt charts for long-view planning
- Asset allocation (both financial and personnel)
- Team communication platform with contextualized message feeds
- And more
Ease of Use
Because Mavenlink is so feature-rich, it can be a little hard to digest at first glance, but all the tools are easy to learn. The navigation is also a little complex, so hopefully they are working on this, but overall it is a very helpful tool. There are also on-site tutorials and customer service can help trouble-shoot onboarding questions.
- Sales Force
- And more
- Custom apps can also be built to integrate to the software (only for desktop, not mobile)
24-7 support is available via email or Live Chat. There is also an extensive FAQ section for troubleshooting problems.
Plans and Pricing
There are 4 tiers of service for Mavenlink:
Teams – This level includes timeline or list-based time scheduling tools, Gantt charts, task assignment scheduling, and management, critical path analysis, and planning templates.
Professional – This level of service includes everything you get with the Teams level of service, but also includes project accounting tools such as invoicing and payments (that allows you to accept payment for invoices through Paypal), time cards and expense reporting, time and expense tracking, a dashboard to communicate with your entire team (including subcontractors and clients) and project-permissions, an activity feed, file sharing, and limited mobile app usage (HTML5 only).Custom branding and a custom domain are also available at this level.
Premier - The Premier level of service includes everything offered at the Professional level, but also gives you real-time reports for every aspect of financial/project planning including profitability projections and status on every task assigned. It also includes higher level reporting such as project baseline and variance analysis, and change request management.
Enterprise – This level of service gives you everything at the Premier level, but also the ability to forecast demand and revenue with greater precision while giving you access to out-of-the-box integrations with CRM and ERP.
Pros & Cons
- Quality, open API (protocols, definitions, interface)
- Good tool to facilitate project management and include team members for more transparency of work flow
- Good tools for invoicing and payroll (Cloud-based)
- Great if you have clients with different billable rates
- A little pricey for small businesses and solopreneurs, but a good choice for mid to large size businesses.
- No (or poor) mobile app integration (many screens are not as user-friendly as the desktop version)
Compared to other project management software, Mavenlink is not very mobile friendly, but if you have accounting, budgeting or time-tracking tasks to streamline, this is a solid product.